How to claim your Google My Business Profile
In a few simple steps, you’ll be on your way to controlling your presence on google.
- On your computer, go to Google Maps.
- In the search bar, enter the business name.
- Click the business name and choose the correct one. You may need to enter a city if it’s a common name.
- Click Claim this business or Manage now.
- You’ll be directed through a series of steps in order to claim the listing.
- If you work from home it will ask you if you want your address shown or if you just want to use a service area.
- If you choose the service area, you’ll still be required to provide your business mailing address so that Google can send you a postcard to verify that you are a legitimate business.
- Select a verification option, and follow the on-screen steps.
- Most times Google will send you a postcard to your mailing address within 5 days. Follow the steps on the postcard to claim your listing and begin updating the information.
- You can also go directly to Google My Business and click “Manage” to claim your listing.